OU Alchemy was set up in 2012 by some students who were sad that there wasn't a chemistry society at the OU.
The society is run by students, with some very valuable help from ALs and OU staff. It is open to all students and staff, past and present, with any interest in, or connection to, chemistry.
What do we do?
- An e-newsletter four times a year, with articles including beginners' guides, maths help, general interest chemistry, molecule of the moment, book reviews, puzzles...
- Email our members with OU-related or chemistry-related news
- Run day trips to various places - so far Jodrell Bank, a brewery, OU Campus
- Run revision weekends for a small range of courses
- Provide student solutions to chemistry past papers and S104